JOIN OUR TEAM
As Parabel continues its global expansion, we are seeking candidates around the world to support our current operations in Fellsmere and Vero Beach, Florida with more locations coming soon!
We strive to provide a working environment that is truly exceptional, providing all of the ingredients necessary to attract and retain the top talent in the marketplace.
Parabel is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Parabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The Company’s policies regarding recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training and all other personnel matters are free from discriminatory practices.
Product Development Specialist
Position: Product Development Specialist (PDS)
Reports to: Regulatory Affairs and Products Manager
Location: Parabel – Vero Office and Fellsmere, Florida
The Product Development Specialist supports food application projects (internal and external), assists technical support to global customers, analyses product data, assist in product marketing materials, and supports regulatory projects.
The candidate must present technical food ingredient solutions and position the Company as a long-term superfood and plant-protein partner. The candidate must be skilled in providing technical guidance across multiple food industry market segments, including RTD beverages, healthy snacks, meat analogues and non-dairy products. In parallel, the position must have the technical acumen to identify and lead nutrition and food science research and partnership opportunities with the Company’s strategic accounts.
The Product Development Specialist must have food science background, R&D skills, applied food technology experience, advanced writing skills, and intermediate excel knowledge.
All of the requirements and duties within are included but not limited to the outlined details and job requirements may differ from time to time based upon the needs of the manager and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Product Application Projects
Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the food ingredient market and the competitive environment to facilitate sales efforts. Execute prototype and applications research plan to support target customers in designated market segments, and deliver proof of concept finished products. Support market research and market intelligence gathering to ensure understanding of applications, competition and market trends.
- Advanced experience working with protein powders to properly characterize the product’s functional and nutritional capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of the key players in the industry, key competitors, and trends within the industry.
- Attend webinars and follow all food industry news related to customer, nutrition and market trends.
- Assist in developing product roadmaps for key product segments. Ensuring profitability within the assigned market segments, including supporting the product commercialization process.
- Present new products at industry trade shows with passion and enthusiasm.
- Resolve target customer issues in a timely and accurate manner with assistance from other team members. Provide solution to customer.
- Advise the Products Manager on key findings, customer feedback, document/sales materials updates, and industry trends to ensure our sense of urgency with technical guidance for customers.
- Support Regulatory Affairs and Certification Projects
To support regulatory affairs, the PDS must have a thorough understanding of the Company products; be up to date with water lentils scientific publications, and assist with preparations of regulatory submissions and regulators feedback and evaluations.
- Support Parabel’s regulatory strategy by submission of necessary documentation
- Research and analyze regulations worldwide to guide Parabel’s regulatory and compliance strategies globally.
- Identify gaps in the research portfolio and design research plans to pursue.
- Understand FDA labeling requirements, procedures, and regulatory roadmap.
- Maintain an organized internal repository of regulatory related data, communication, guidance and submissions.
- Products Technical Support:
Skillfully and professionally support technical information about Company’s products to targeted customers. Communicate internally specific and general information as it pertains to the specif projects related to products development
- Develop thorough understanding of the company’s product portfolio, key nutritional benefits, application information, regulatory status, and other product and company information to be the primary technical support resource.
- Provide comprehensive technical assistance related to the Company’s products and technology.
- Keep Manager advised of customer/regulatory/analytics and quality issues, trends and expectations.
- Report data regarding status of projects to internal partners as necessary.
- Develop Effective Interdepartmental Relationships:
Maintain a productive and effective relationship with all members of the Company staff as well as laboratories, relevant distributors, vendors, consultants and affiliates; to ensure clear and rapid flow of information and customer and prospect satisfaction.
- Understand issues that occur with shipping, product quality, company staff availability, ingredients, or customer issues and to deal with these situations as they arise.
- Work closely with different departments of the Company, collaborate on current product status and issues.
- Administrative and Reporting:
Manage administrative activities in a timely and cost efficient manner as it relates to product analytics, expense reports, general report writing, and other matters.
- Complete product documentation and regulatory reports as required.
- Keep track of purchase request forms and product inventory.
- Document key activity as required by Regulatory and Products Manager in a timely manner.
- Report to Manager any sales and regulatory issues that arise.
- Additional Job Functions:
- Responsible for reporting all potential Food Safety issues to Quality Assurance or other personnel with the responsibility to initiate action.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all company and safety requirements.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, food chemistry, nutritional science or related sciences.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Food Technology, with at least 3 years experience in product development and Research and Development.
- Understanding of food safety is a must.
- Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Food & Beverage industry experience preferred
- Significant understanding of protein and nutrition market segments.
- Proven ability to juggle, structure and lead complex projects, monitor progress against key milestones and deliver on time and on budget.
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Office programs. Genesis experience is a plus.
- Significant record of consistent accomplishment and outstanding results.
- Action Oriented: proactive individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement. High energy and aggressive personality and interested in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the organization. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Is clear, concise and persuasive.
- Learning Agility: Learns quickly; is a relentless and versatile learner and is open to change. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and can quickly discern the underlying structure of new challenges.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted and can make a case in an appropriate and helpful manner.