JOIN OUR TEAM
As Parabel continues its global expansion, we are seeking candidates around the world to support our current operations in Fellsmere and Vero Beach, Florida with more locations coming soon!
We strive to provide a working environment that is truly exceptional, providing all of the ingredients necessary to attract and retain the top talent in the marketplace.
Parabel is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Parabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The Company’s policies regarding recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training and all other personnel matters are free from discriminatory practices.
Sales Associate/Account Executive
Location: Vero Beach, FL
We are searching for a high energy Sales Associate to join our company and be instrumental in accelerating growth for our business. This integral role will assist the Marketing Manager, Sales Director and VP of Global Sales in creating long-term, trusting relationships with current customers, as well as bringing on new customers who can benefit from our product offers. The Sales Associate’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new opportunities. This role will onboard as a Sales Associate and grow to an Account Executive role as targets are met.
- Build new business relationships using existing industry contacts daily through email and phone, following up with prospects weekly
- Report on progress and account communication with senior staff members
- Working with internal departments to field technical questions, sample requests and legal compliance as needed
- Audit all accounts quarterly to ensure accurate record keeping in Salesforce
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively on time and in full
- Other duties as requested
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ year experience in customer service, sales and/or account management
- Advanced problem resolution skills and communication abilities
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Commensurate upon experience – Salary + Commission
- Learning Agility: Learns quickly when facing new problems. Is a relentless and versatile learner and is open to change. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and can quickly discern the underlying structure of new challenges.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and is full of energy, steadfastly pushing self and other for results. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and is consistently a top performer.
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the organization. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Is clear, concise and persuasive. Experience creating and presenting business proposals, handling objections and overcoming obstacles
- Strong attention to detail; strong multi-tasking ability as well as ability to manage deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Self-motivated and proactive individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Cross functional leadership and team work. Self-confident, verbalizes problem solving skills, demonstrates initiative, manages and motivates team.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted, is seen as direct, truthful and can make a case in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Must have a can-do attitude and the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
Product Support Specialist
Location: Vero Beach, FL
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) supports food application projects (internal and external), delivers technical support to global customers, analyses product data, assist in product marketing materials, and supports regulatory projects.
The TSS must present technical ingredient solutions and position the Company as a long-term nutrition partner. The candidate must be skilled in providing technical guidance (across multiple food industry market segments) and in deploying resources in support of team-based, collaborative selling. While serving as a technical voice of the company in product application discussions, the TSS will deliver best-in-class scientific support to customers across multiple market segments, including nutraceuticals, RTD beverages, healthy snacks and non-dairy products.
In parallel, The position must have the technical acumen to identify and lead nutrition and food science research and partnership opportunities with the Company’s strategic accounts. The TSS must have regulatory affairs experience, nutritional science background, R&D skills, advanced writing skills, and intermediate excel knowledge.
All of the requirements and duties within are included but not limited to the outlined details and job requirements may differ from time to time based upon the needs of the manager and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Regulatory Affairs and Certification Projects
To support regulatory affairs, the TSS must have a thorough understanding of the Company products; be up to date with water lentils scientific publications, and assist with preparations of regulatory submissions and regulators feedback and evaluations.
Support Product Development Projects
To support sales and global go-to-market activities, work with sales team to support and target customers in designated market segments and execute prototype and applications research plan to help shorten the sales cycle and deliver proof of concept finished products. Measurements of Performance:
- Research and analyze regulations worldwide to guide Parabel’s regulatory and compliance strategies globally. Identify gaps in the research portfolio and design research plans to pursue.
- Attend trade association events and exhibitions to network and liaise with the food science community across our target customer base. Support Parabel’s regulatory strategy by correct and timely submission of necessary documentation.
- Understand global regulatory and labeling requirements, procedures, and regulatory roadmap. In parallel, understand the product’s functional and nutritional capabilities.
- Maintain an organized internal repository of regulatory related data, communication, guidance and submissions. Enter relevant data in repective spreadsheets, update product technical data sheets and product-sales materials, complete document project reports and document progress to team as per project timelines.
- Advise Sales Management and other staff of key prospects on key findings, customer feedback, document/sales materials updates, and industry trends to ensure our sense of urgency with technical guidance for customers.
- Communicate with Customers and Regulatory Organizations
Skillfully and professionally support technical information about Company’s products to regulatory bodies and targeted customers. Communicate internally specific and general information as it pertains to the specif projects related to products development and regulatory matters. Measurements of Performance:
- Develop thorough understanding of the company’s product portfolio, key nutritional benefits, application information, regulatory status, and other product and company information to be the primary technical support resource.
- Provide comprehensive technical assistance related to the Company’s products and technology.
- Keep Manager advised of customer/regulatory/analytics and quality issues, trends and expectations.
- Report data regarding status of projects to internal partners as necessary.
- Prodcust Development and Competitive Intelligence
Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the food ingredient market and the competitive environment to facilitate sales efforts. Support market research and market intelligence gathering to ensure understanding of applications, competition and market trends. Measurements of Performance:
- Develop an understanding of the key players in the industry, key competitors, and trends within the industry. Attend webinars and follow all food industry news related to customer, nutrition and market trends
- Analyze and leverage data and insights to develop and formulate category and product recommendations.
- Communicate industry knowledge to other Company staff to facilitate company strategy and develop future go-to-market and food applications tactics.
- Assist in developing product roadmaps for key product segments. Ensuring profitability within the assigned market segments, including supporting the product commercialization process
- Present new products at industry trade shows with passion and enthusiasm
- Develop Effective Interdepartmental Relationships
Maintain a productive and effective relationship with all members of the Company staff as well as laboratories, relevant distributors, vendors, consultants and affiliates; to ensure clear and rapid flow of information and customer and prospect satisfaction. Measurements of Performance:
- Understand issues that occur with shipping, product quality, company staff availability, ingredients, or customer issues and to deal with these situations as they arise.
- Work close with different departments of the Company staff, collaborate on what the status is of projects and issues to be able to
- Communicate – Fully communicate with certain members of the Company staff any sales and regulatory issues that arise. Also support communication with customers to ensure their needs are met.
- Resolve – Resolve target customer issues in a timely and accurate manner with assistance from other team members. Provide solution to customer.
- Assist – Provide input towards regulatory compliance, new marketing materials and existing materials to meet food safety and customer needs
- Training & Development – Participate in product training on and sales strategies as directed.
- Administrative and Reporting
Manage administrative activities in a timely and cost efficient manner as it relates to product analytics, expense reports, general report writing, and other matters. Measurements of Performance:
- Execute – Complete product documentation and regulatory reports as required.
- Track – Keep track of purchase request forms and product inventory.
- Document – Document key activity as required by Regulatory and Products Manager and report in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Additional Job Functions:
- Responsible for reporting all potential Food Safety issues to Quality Assurance or other personnel with the responsibility to initiate action.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all company and safety requirements.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, nutritional science or related sciences.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in applied science, with at least 2 years involved with customer support and product development, and at least 2 years Research and Development experience. Understanding of food safety is a must.
- Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Food & Beverage industry experience preferred
- Significant understanding of nutrition markets.
- Proven ability to juggle, structure and lead complex projects, monitor progress against key milestones and deliver on time and on budget.
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Office programs. Genesis experience is a plus.
- Significant record of consistent accomplishment and outstanding results.
- Action Oriented: proactive individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement. High energy and aggressive personality and interested in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the organization. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Is clear, concise and persuasive.
- Learning Agility: Learns quickly; is a relentless and versatile learner and is open to change. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and can quickly discern the underlying structure of new challenges.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted and can make a case in an appropriate and helpful manner.